- activity in the M&A market of Ukraine at the end of 2021 has become a record for the last time
- 205 deals were closed (together with deals in venture capital), with a total value of $2.5 billion+
- business valuation in M&A transactions depends on the type of business and its sectoral characteristics
- the value of a business is not equal to its price: the cost is a calculation based on finances and multipliers, the price is the result of a lot of factors, and the negotiation process
- the negotiation process, its quality and timing, EBITDA, understanding of sticking points, the project team, and other factors have a significant impact on business valuation in the M&A process.
Sergey also conducted a comparative analysis of the M&A market in Ukraine and Poland and shared key M&A cases in the agricultural sector of Ukraine.
Sergey’s speech aroused major interest and involvement of financial directors in the discussion of the process of preparing for M&A transactions and factors influencing the creation of company value.
We thank CFO Club Ukraine for the invitation and wish Ukraine’s CFOs successful M&A projects.