This year’s Study by the investment bank Lazard focused both on challenges and expectations of industry leaders related to the pandemic and their overall strategic priorities for the pharmaceutical business.
171 C-level executives and 29 investors across 3 pharmaceutical sectors as Biopharmaceutical, Medical Devices and Diagnostics, and Healthcare Services were interview during the Survey.
Read the report
Main highlights of the Report:
1. COVID-19 is here to stay.
Healthcare leaders expect the pandemic to continue through 2022 and beyond. They have significant concerns about vaccine hesitancy, vaccine distribution shortfalls in developing countries and new variants causing resurgence.
2. The pandemic is changing the world and the healthcare industry faster than expected, for better and for worse.
3. Pricing and reimbursement remains the greatest strategic challenge for healthcare companies, while scientific innovation and advances in digital technologies and data analytics are the greatest forces for transformation.
4. Healthcare industry financing and strategic activity will continue at recent levels or accelerate.
5. Biopharmaceutical company leaders expect the pandemic to catalyze an even greater focus on scientific innovation, digital technologies, and innovative clinical trials with greater use of real-world evidence.